Sunday, April 11, 2010

New in Gmail Labs: Nested Labels has problems


Gmail has released a new lab on 8th April 2010 on 'Nested Labels'. I was in need of something like this as I had around 150 labels and it was increasing almost everyday. But the way Gmail lab provided, it was not a good way to me. You can read there original post here New in Labs: Nested Labels and Message Sneak Peek

Gmail has used slashes (/) to make a label the children of another label. Problem is I had several labels/tags with slash already. Gmail could have designed the lab in different way (I mean, without using slash).
Not only that. When I rearranged some of the labels as child, it did not update my filters immediately (where I used those labels) and also did not update filters in my multiple inbox.

It also has problem with not showing parent label. If by mistake your parent label is marked as 'hidden' the children labels are not shown correctly.

Here Parent label 'Goal' is hidden.




You see the output now:


Finally, I wanted a feature like this but somehow this Lab could not satisfy me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment